Easy Sheet Pan Honey and Ginger Glazed Salmon that can be made in about 20 minutes and with only one pan!
It’s day 6 of the New Year and I’m still going strong with eating healthier. I didn’t necessarily make a New Year’s Resolution, because remember I quit doing that. 🙂
But I’m making a conscious effort throughout the year to work in more healthy meals for me and my family.
Salmon has to be one of my favorite dinners to make.
It’s so easy to make and is perfect for those busy nights. Plus I like to mix it up a bit every time I make it and add different seasonings.
This time I decided to use some freshly minced Ginger. I took a thumb size piece of Ginger and peeled the skin off with a pairing knife. Then shredded it with a small grater, like the size you would use to zest a lemon.
You can also buy minced Ginger in a jar, but I didn’t have any on hand and personally I like the fresh Ginger better because it has more flavor.
I mixed the Ginger in a small bowl with some Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, and EVOO.
Then I spooned it evenly over the top of the Salmon fillet before baking.
Yum, Yum, Yum!
This came out so flaky, flavorful, and delicious!
I paired this with Asparagus and some Rice. I actually made the Asparagus in the oven on a separate sheet pan in the oven along side the Salmon. The Asparagus only takes about 10 minutes, so you can just add it in half way through the Salmon cooking.
The yummy recipe for this easy side dish is here>>> Roasted Asparagus
If you try this dish let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s super helpful to me and other readers!
Cheers to a healthy New Year!
- 1 lb fresh Salmon (you can either leave the Salmon fillet whole or you can slice it into large pieces, you can also choose to leave the skin on or remove it, it's your preference). I choose to pre slice my Salmon fillets before cooking and I remove the skin before cooking as well.
- 1 Tbs minced Ginger (about 1 thumb of ginger)
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray or you can lay a sheet of parchment paper down instead so the Salmon doesn't stick to the pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together Ginger, Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, and EVOO
- Add Salmon fillets to sheet pan.
- Pour liquid mixture over the Salmon evenly coating the top of it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- You know the Salmon is fully cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.