Ok you guys, this Skinny Cilantro Cauliflower “Rice” is packed with flavor. Oh and did I mention only around 17 calories per serving? Wait. What?! Yaasss!
Update! I now have a short Video Recipe for this! If you like this video please subscribe to my YouTube Channel, that way you get updated every time I post a new video (currently once a week).
I’ve been craving Chipotle lately. I love, love, love their burrito bowls loaded with the cilantro lime rice, black beans, pico de gallo, and lots of guacamole.
The problem is, I don’t have a Chipotle anywhere near where I live.
So I decided to create my own version of their Cilantro Rice using Cauliflower instead of Rice. And I probably lost about half of you… Ok seriously this tastes just as good, if not better than Chipotles rice in my opinion. Plus it has less carbs and is loaded with Vitamin C!
Now it’s really easy to make Cauliflower into “Rice”.
I took one head of Cauliflower, washed and removed the stems. Chopped the Cauliflower into chunks and added it to a food processor. Pulse for around 30 seconds until it looks like rice consistency. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a cheese grater and shave the Cauliflower into rice consistency.
Then add your chopped cauliflower into a large microwave safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel and cook in microwave for 4 minutes.
While that’s cooking chop up your Cilantro and Green Onion. I love the smell of fresh Cilantro being chopped, it’s just so fragrant!
Add the chopped Cilantro and Green Onions to the cooked Cauliflower ‘Rice’
Mince your garlic right over the bowl (you can use the minced garlic in a jar to save time).
Squeeze the juice from 1 lime over mixture and stir well.
You could serve this as a burrito bowl by adding in your favorite toppings. Or turn this into a salad, like this yummy Mango Cauliflower “Rice” Salad I made a while back.
If you try this let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! It’s really helpful to me and other readers!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 bunch (about 4 or 5 stems) of Green Onion chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 bunch of fresh Cilantro chopped and stems removed (about ½ cup)
- 3 cloves of minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Lime juiced
- Wash and remove stem from cauliflower.
- Chop cauliflower in small chunks and add to food processor and pulse for around 30 seconds until it's rice consistency.
- You can use a cheese grater as well if you don't have a food processor.
- Once cauliflower is chopped into rice like consistency add to microwave safe bowl.
- Cover with paper towel and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Add green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over everything (as little or as much as you like).
- I love lime so I squeeze the whole thing over it.
- Mix together well and serve.